We now supports Samsung Gear VR!
Hi everyone! This is the first surprise of the new year 2015: VirtualRealPorn now supports Samsung Gear VR! Our videos have been adapted to the requirements for watching them with the “Oculus 360 Video” app on your Gear VR.
There are two options for downloading our videos on your GearVR:
From a PC/Mac computer:
- Download the video file into the computer (it’s a zip file with the video and a thumbnail image)
- Remove the battery cover of your Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Extract the microSD card
- Connect it to your computer (through the SD card adapter or a card reader)
- Extract the contents of the zip file into the “Oculus\360Videos” folder of the SD card. We recommend to create a subfolder named “VirtualRealPorn”.For example: D:\Oculus\360Videos\VirtualRealPorn
- Now, the video is ready for watching with the “Oculus 360 Videos” app from the “Oculus Home” or Library menu.
From the Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- Download the video file from the “Internet” app (it’s a zip file with the video and a thumbnail image)
- When the download is finished, tap on the download in the notification center
- The app asks you for a folder, tap on “Extract”
- A new folder is created, named with the name of the video
- Tap on the new folder to enter it
- Tap on the upper right icon (three dots) and tap on “Select”
- Select all the files (one readme, one video and one thumbnail)
- Tap on the upper right icon (three dots) and tap on “Move”
- Select SDcard/Oculus/360Videos (we recommend to create a subfolder “VirtualRealPorn” here, using the in the lower part of the screen “Create folder”)
- Now, the video is ready for watching with the “Oculus 360 Videos” app from the “Oculus Home” menu or Library menu.
Please, give us your feedback and suggestions for improving the experience.